Photobucket  photo linec_zpsaf5a5183.jpg Photobucket  photo linec_zpsaf5a5183.jpg Photobucket  photo linec_zpsaf5a5183.jpg Photobucket  photo linec_zpsaf5a5183.jpg Photobucket

Saturday, September 29, 2012

High-Low Skirt Refashion // DIY

It's been quite busy around here with studying for midterms (ew!)

With procrastination in full swing, I am here to share an awesome (and easy!) craft with you!

Did I say procrastination? I meant studying. Totally meant studying.

Aaaaanyways...look! A craft!


Isn't that a cute little high-low skirt? All it requires is a quick cut and an easy stitch along the hem. 

Before I get to the tutorial though, I'd like to share with you REPURPOSE OCTOBER!

I have a fantastic lineup of DIYs where I completely repurpose some common items. You are not going to want to miss it!



During the entire month of October, I'll be posting like normal on Sundays, but all of my projects will be of repurposed items!

And the best part? Throughout the month, I want YOU (yes, you!) to send me your repurposed crafts! At the end of the month, I will make a feature post of all my favorites! See my Contact page for my e-mail!

Excited yet? Don't try and hide it!

Now on to the tutorial for the high-low skirt. 


This is what it looked like before:


Read on to find out how to make it!



Here's what you'll need:
-Skirt to refashion
-sewing machine
-scissors

Here's what you do:

1. Lay the skirt flat on the floor with the middle of the front and the middle of the back as the folded edges (shown below).


2. Cut as shown below. I did a fairly shallow "dip" so the high-low isn't too extreme. However, if you want a more extreme high-low look, feel free to make a more intense "dip."


3. Turn edges on bottom up twice, about 1/2" each time. Sew down the hem, and you're done! Enjoy your new, trendy high-low skirt!

If you aren't a member/follower of my blog yet and you have a google, yahoo, or twitter account, sign in and join my site! I'd love to have you following along!

And don't forget to come back for the super duper awesomely fantastic REPURPOSE OCTOBER! Also, start sending me those e-mails with YOUR awesome repurposed crafts!

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I love the quirky pattern on the skirt. So fun!
    Great refashion, btw. I looks wonderful on you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm glad you stopped by :)

      Alyssa

      Delete

Feedback? Questions? Say it here! I love hearing from you all.

Please keep your comments and feedback kind and uplifting.